Rollga Rolling the Face--> Rollga Hand and Foot Therapy Kit
Have you heard about the countless benefits of using myofascial release techniques to treat the fascia tissue that covers every major muscle and organ in your body? If so, I sure hope you are not forgetting to roll your face!
Rollga Rolling the Face 101!
1. When “rolling” the face, be sure to apply gentle to medium pressure.
2. Use slow movements or “hold and release techniques.”
3. Roll both sides of the face and neck even if only one side is sore or tense to even blood flow.
4. Use a smaller ball to pinpoint direct pressure
5. Start rolling from the top of the head down to the shoulders
6. Drink extra water after rolling the face to help with fascia and muscle hydration as well as the appearance of the skin.
The two main points of tension are in the superficial fascia and the other is lymph. Lymph is a highly underrated circulatory system within the body that is responsible for detoxifying waste from the skin on a cellular level, in addition to its many, many other functions. When holding tension in the muscles and fascia, lymph cannot move freely and do its job of clearing out waste from the tissue. The result of poor lymph flow can present as dull skin, an accumulation of blackheads and milia, and/or stubborn hyperpigmentation, and more.
Superficial fascia is the layer of connective tissue right under the skin on the face. It acts as the support and infrastructure for your skin and is responsible for giving it “lift and tone.” It can also carry a lot of tension and adhesions that restrict circulation of blood and lymph. If you’ve ever used a foam roller on tight legs, think of how much softer one leg feels after rolling when compared to the unrolled leg. Foam rolling is a form of self-administered myofascial release, and that is EXACTLY what we want to do for the face.
Hand and Foot Therapy Kit--> Rollga Hand and Foot Therapy Kit
Rollga Foam Rollers--> Rollga Complete Set
ContiFIT or info@contiFit.com
Let’s FACE It Together™ Facial Exercise & Rehabilitation, Founder/CEO Arthritis Fitness Specialist Course, Author & MedFit Network Board Member