How to Massage and Release Shin Pressure Points
Benefits of Shin Pressure Point Massage:
- Reduces muscle tension and discomfort in the shin area.
- Improves circulation and flexibility in your legs.
- May help alleviate shin splints and related pain.
Start on your hands and knees, like a crawling position.
Place a foam roller under your ankles, close to your knees.
Lift your hips upward to create a straight line from your head to your heels.
As you extend your legs to form a plank position, you'll feel the roller gliding along your shins.
Roll back and forth to locate any tender or sore spots along your shins.
When you find a tight spot, hold it for 30 to 45 seconds or until the discomfort eases.
- For an easier and if you are new to foam rolling start with one shin at a time in the Rollga contour.
- You can also place the Rollga foam roller in a chair and release the shin pressure points with ease while standing.
For a more challenging approach, lift one leg off the roller while keeping your core engaged to maintain a parallel alignment of your leg and back with the floor.
Another option is to cross your ankles by stacking one leg over the other as you continue rolling.
Remember to go at your own pace, and if you experience any intense pain, stop and consult a healthcare professional. This shin massage can help you relax and improve the health of your leg muscles.